Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ross, I dream of the Day!

When I look in your eyes, I dream of the day...

Poem by Shawn Bateman

Ross,

I dream of the day...

you will hold your head up, all on your own.
I will shout to the heavens, to let it be known.
you will sit in a chair and hold your own spoon
please Lord don't wait, let is be soon
you will crawl on the floor to get to your toy
like all the other kids, will bring me such joy
you will say your first words, maybe they'll rhyme
but it's okay son, all in good time
you will take your first steps and then smile at me
through all your hard work, we know nothing's for free
you will get on the bus to take you to school
where you'll learn about things, won't that be cool
you will make many friends, run, laugh and play
outside in the grass on a warm sunny day
you will sing me a song with silly made up words
I'll laugh till I cry, sweet things I just heard
you will meet your first girl, maybe a crush
take your time son, don't get in a rush
you will play your first game, in front of a crowd
I'll scream from the stands, you'll make me so proud
you will get your diploma then cross the big stage
a brand new beginning as you turn a new page.
All these things I dream for you will happen in time
together will accomplish them then your dreams will be mine.

I Love you so much Ross!

Daddy


Profile Picture 




7 comments:

  1. My amazing husband, that was beautifully said. I too dream of the day! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey thanks for your support and encouragement! Thank you for giving us this beautiful little boy who makes our lives complete.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Beautiful poem:) One day Ross will amaze the world!!!! I'm the proud mother of Jonathan. We didn't know until he was born about his Wonderful secret. He just turned 6 months yesterday. Jonathan having Down syndrome doesn't make him special it makes him PERFECT!!!! We wouldn't have him any other way. We are so Proud of our Handsome man:) I can't wait to meet you guys at the Step Up for Down Syndrome walk. Our team name is Jonathan's Journey. Keep up the great work with Ross. You can already see it's paying off with all his pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, Sorry I could not remember your name last night for the credit on the quote. I found it so simple but so very true and such a profound quote. Loved it and WARNING...I'd like to use it again! Your son is such a cutie and is beginning a wonderful journey. It is never easy facing some of the issues that Ds can throw at you but I can tell you through experience it will make you stronger and a super parent. I hope that I can break through some of the stigmas out there and reach parents that may read my blog. I want them to be able to read my words and know that I'm not alone. I am not the only one feeling this way. I hope more parents will interact with me and my wife. Were a support group and willing to share our experiences with those that will ask. When you have a parents and such a great resource as The KC Down Syndrome Guild it's a huge advantage for success. I too look forward to meeting you guys at the Step up walk. Maybe even before that as we are planning on attending the new parents breakfast and the day at the big red barn. Jennifer thanks again for reading and sharing your world with us. We look forward to a long and wonderful friendship as we trek through the challenges together! I hope you will subscribe to Ross' blog and please share with your friends.

      Delete
    2. Feel free to share Jonathan's campaign poster with anyone. We will be at the breakfast and also the Red Barn event. Look forward to seeing you there. Keep up the great work with your blog. There is alot of helpful information here. Again Ross is adorable and I'm sure you guys are as Proud of him as we are of Jonathan!!!!

      Delete